View Single Post
Old 02-05-2009, 11:57 PM

Default almost there

I met with my surgeon for the pre-op visit. I am in awe of his grasp of this surgery. I really feel at peace with this decision and he made me feel I should come through it okay. I know there are differences of opinion regarding fusing over or taking out the discs. There are differences over which type of back surgery and instrumentation to go in and also differences in where to approach the discs from. I am comfortable with what we are going to do and I also feel pretty convinced that waiting will not make things any better. For whatever reason i seem to have a mechanical irritation to my nerves from bending over and pretty much doing anything. I am hopeful that I can come though this just a little stiffer. The scariest part for me is knowing the pain is coming. My pain threshold is not that great at the moment so they will have to bring on the big drugs. I promise to bring in my computer and let you all know how it went. I am nesting around the house at the moment getting everything in order because Tuesday is coming soon.
Phylly
Discogram concordant pain @L4-S1 Aug. 07
Prodisc ADR's at L4-S1 November 2007
Foraminotomy July 08 for Sciatica
Continued problems and back pain worsened
Prodiscs removed and discs fused at L4-S1 Feb. 09