View Single Post
Old 02-06-2009, 11:43 PM

Posted under "other".

Mine is a little unusual but shows what you can do when you put your mind to it and can think a little through the pain.

BC denied as "experimental" and "investigational". Surgery approved on surgery day, and then denied as "experimental" and "investigational" therefore not "medically necessary".
Appealed to hospital after they went after BC and weren't successful, and hospital charges were "forgiven".
However, still have surgeon fees and outrageous co-pays and regular payments. But I didn't have to mortgage our retirement as my husband and I were prepared to do.

Don't give up the faith because I certainly believe when there is a will there is a way. Maybe insurance didn't think i would go through with surgery and therefore approved it, thinking they would just deny it after the fact. I don't know. I didn't find out that they had actually approved my ADR surgery until the hospital told me several weeks later. I found out that if insurance hadn't approved surgery, I would not have been able to have it.
Food for thought for those fighting insurance companies. As some of you know, I fought extremely hard against BC and made a big stink.

I just figure someone is looking out for me and I am happy to have the ADR and not fusion.

runner