View Single Post
Old 02-07-2009, 01:01 AM

Default last minute dilemma

I am ready, I have a date, Insurance is approved etc. I woke up this morning is less pain than yesterday and yesterday was less than last week. i finished a medrol pack last week to counteract the nerve pain from the CT myelogram. I know this won't last but I am blown away thinking of having surgery when my pain isn't so bad. My husband and the surgeon would likely kill me if I cancelled and I know this is just a short time thing, I think? I have had these before and they do work but I have never had one work so well. I think I need to go run up and down the stairs for awhile and then run down the street bending over and picking up papers along the way.

I guess the good news is I can cut down on my meds before the surgery so when I need them I can have more. I feel really stupid because my pain has been in the 7-9 range most days and today is like 3. i can't imagine putting this off but why is this happening now? Always a little excitement and the brain sure works in funny ways. I met with my PM Dr. today and they did tell me to try to cut back my meds if possible so this will be easy. I just don't want to have unnecessary surgery and fuse my ADR's if this is more permanent. Help! Has anyone had this happen to them?

I know that I get to stop even on the way into the OR but How idiotic would that look. Maybe my mind is playing tricks on me? Or of course the cortisone is working right now and will wear off. I am just rambling and be really nervous, sorry. Thanks for all the support, I do feel really dumb.
Phylly
Discogram concordant pain @L4-S1 Aug. 07
Prodisc ADR's at L4-S1 November 2007
Foraminotomy July 08 for Sciatica
Continued problems and back pain worsened
Prodiscs removed and discs fused at L4-S1 Feb. 09