View Single Post
Old 02-08-2009, 03:45 AM

Cindy, I can completely empathize with you. Like you say, we do have to keep our eye on the good things in life, as it's easy to focus on the negative when we are in pain. Sorry about the SI tease. However, it sounds like your Dr is doing everything to get a proper diagnosis.

Keep your head up! There's a new, beautiful baby on the way!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindylou View Post
Thanks everyone. I do appreciate it. I don't mean to be a downer, but sometimes the pain just sucks you up. I did have a good pain management appt. yesterday. He injected both sides...extremely painful, but fortunately, short lived. I felt really good, again, for about 4 hours. Like you all said, it could take 3-5 days, or 3-4 weeks?! I'm shooting for the 3-5 day plan! It's amazing how quickly my back muscles relax when they are not spazzed out in pain! He did not want to up my pain meds so we can really see diagnostically if it's working. Which made sense. If those 4 hours were any indication, I think the SI joints are definitely players in my pain. So, now to play the waiting game for relief to kick in again. I'm totally down. 4 hours is like a huge tease, no? So, that's it. The only thing keeping me going at this point is my daughter-in-law who could go into labor at any time. I need to see the hope in a new birth. I'm clinging to that.

Cindylou
Laminotomy L4/L5 (3.7.97--17 years old)
1999 & 2003 MVA (not at fault both times)
Grade V Tears L4/L5 & L5/L6
2-Level ProDisc® L4/L5 & L5/L6* *lumbosacral transitional vertebra (11.15.03--23 years old)
Dr. Rudolf Bertagnoli -- dr-bertagnoli.com
Pain-free for the last 4.5 yrs.
5.14.09 DSS with Dr. B.
I'm here to help. Only checking PMs currently.