View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009, 12:43 AM

Send a message via AIM to Nairek
Arrow Legal Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by SASSY178 View Post
Thanks for all the support everyone! I just don't know what to expect. The pain in my right leg is much better now compared to pre-op but I have pain in my left leg now. I also have lack of feeling in my right leg and foot since surgery. My back is hard to tell with pain right now-- as the pain from surgery is still there. Also wondering how much back pain is "normal" after a discectomy.
I did file a report of injury as this was work related and I am receiving workers comp benefits. The concern is more that I lost my job due to the injury and being unable to work. I don't know if this is legal or not.
Any legal advice or advice on the above is much appreciated. Thanks!

Sarah
Sarah,

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles. I had a percutaneous discectomy/IDET done in 2004 & it took me a while to feel "normal". I was out on disability for 3 months before going back to work. I know that I was in pain for a long time.

I am a paralegal in New York, however I am not able to offer you legal advice. I did a quick search on Google for "Connecticut Labor Law". I wasn't able to find out if Conn. is an "employment at will" state like NY is.

Do you have an attorney to represent you in your Worker's Comp case? If not, you may want to contact an attorney to represent you. Insurance companies love doing all that they can to keep from paying out.

I came across this PDF file which offers a Q & A on Workers Comp for Conn. It also lists some phone #'s for statewide legal services at the bottom which may be of assistance to you.

I hope that this helps & I wish you all the best for a speedy recovery!

Karin
Disc Bulge C4/C5, Disc Degeneration T11/T12, Bi-Lateral tears L5/S1, Diagnosed w/ Lumbar Disc Derangement w/ Radiculopaphy. Treatment: IDET, Percutaneous Discectomy, SI Joint Injection, Facet Block. All failed. Empire BC/BS Denied Coverage for ADR-lost all of my appeals. MVP also denied coverage.

Anterior/Posterior Fusion L5/S1 -1/20/09