Thread: Octuplets
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009, 07:08 PM

I had heard that she got a settlement for being injured while on the job, but I wasn't aware it was for a back injury. I also wasn't clear that it was disability payments, I thought it was a one-time settlement. I also didn't know it was her parents house she was living in.

All I have to say, is when I wanted to adopt a cat from a shelter, I had to accept people coming into my home and verifying that it would be a safe place for the cat . There was also paperwork, which I can't remember all the details of. Just to say, shouldn't there have been some further investigation by someone into her living situation, at the very least? I mean how crazy that we value the well being of shelter animals more than that of children being brought into this world, or at least it appears that way.

And it certainly does seem like she has some mental issues/problems that should have been a red-flag to anyone authorizing this procedure. Certainly some cognitive dissonance going on.

I would have to agree that I don't think she should be allowed to profit from the situation. But I wouldn't have an issue with her selling her story, if the proceeds went to caring for her children. This morning I heard the snippet where she said she planned on using student loans to support herself and her children, that's just ridiculous, for multiple reasons. What's she going to do, leave the children with her mother, so she can go to school?

46 years old. 12-15 years of intermittent pain, 2 years with constant pain.

DDD, L4-5 and L5-S1, pain confirmed by discogram.
PT, ESI's, Facet injection and block, Acupuncture - all no help.

2-level (Prodisc-L) ADR surgery with Dr. Bertagnoli, May 26, 2009.

Currently taking Opana-ER (tapering off) and oxycodone