View Single Post
Old 02-11-2009, 05:31 PM

My family doctor, not a pain management doc, advised me to quit being a martyr and take pain meds so I could get better.

I agree with everyone, you need another doctor for pain management. There's nothing wrong with you.

I do have to share the advice my 102 yr. old mother gave me - "You know if you prayed more you wouldn't have to take all those dangerous drugs." I chocked back my immediate response and said I did pray, but I'd try harder.

If you've never had non-stop pain, it's hard to understand. I have apologized to my husband over and over for my doubts concerning his pain before his ankle replacement. I actually thought it was an excuse for not wanting to do some of the things I wanted to do.

It is difficult to understand a doctor who still believes this way. Sandy
**Dec. 2007 numbness and weakness in left arm/thumb, x-rays, MRI, discs at C4-7 pushing on spinal cord, fusion or ADR out of country
**April 7, 2008, discogram at C3-4, surgery 4 levels, Prodisc-C, Dr. Bertagnoli, Germany