View Single Post
Old 02-14-2009, 07:49 PM
Administrator

Amen about the ups and downs.

I'm always frustrated when people post their immediate euphoria, then they don't want to post the negative side of their recovery. I'll call them up and say, "Hey, you are missing an opportunity here... post the negative so people can see what it's like and they won't be so scared when they have a setback!" (They still tend not to post until it's long over, then it's all softened and the fear is gone.) THANKS for posting.

Having said all that, there is a difference between riding out a setback and ignoring something major. If you have a sudden onset of severe symptoms or if your symptoms change dramatically.... it's a question for the doctors if you need to be worked up. I

I hope your setback is short lived and that you can avoid the activities that caused it. I love your attitude that seems to say, "hey what's a few more days, weeks or even months... I'm on the other side of the surgery and on the road to recovery." A year from now it won't matter if you came around at 3 weeks or 3 months or even more. Long term is the only thing that matters here.

I think that the base opiate in Vicodin is hydrocodone while it's Oxycodone in percocet. 10mg oxy = 15mg hyrocodone (Somebody correct me if I'm wrong here! You'll find conflicting information on the internet... take this with a grain of salt and don't look to the internet to tell you about your meds.... talk to your doc!)
2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org