View Single Post
Old 02-14-2009, 09:28 PM
Administrator

Original Post for starting Moderation Events thread

Quote:

In the 2.5 years I've run this forum, it has required almost ZERO moderation. I've occasionally deleted pure spam posts, but have never banned anyone (except the spammers).

I have set up a forum that is visible only to registered members. It's called 'Transparent' and the purpose of this forum is to have a place where people can air their opinions about community issues that have nothing to do with spine or the warm and fuzzy nature of the community support forum. These threads often contain discussions that are important to the community, but they clearly detract from the main purpose of the forum and are unpleasant distractions. My goal is NOT to stifle these discussions. Quite the contrary, my goal is to provide a place where these discussions can take place, but in a manner that doesn't detract from the good vibe that exist here 99% of the time.

I'll eventually keep this 'moderation events' thread closed, so it will be visible for a while after some moderation is required, but it will not appear as a primary focus of the forum.

All the best,

Mark
2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org

Last edited by mmglobal; 02-21-2009 at 10:35 PM.