Thread: Never again
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2009, 10:49 PM

Default Post Op day 4

Hello All,
Thanks for the wonderful wishes, I tried to get something down but I guess it was not too coherent. Saint Joseph's is a beautiful hospital. All the staff and doctors are so happy and cheerful. I have been struggling with some pain issues. I figured that would happen because of how long I had been on drugs. The surgery went real well and as far as I can tell; a lot of my pain is gone, except for the back and front pain. My Dr. did the percutaneus surgery where he did not scrape the muscle away from the bone. This should give me more muscle to help in healing. Dr. Carlson also said that he recommended some bone treatment to aid in hardening the bones since mine were somewhat spongy. This was good news for me. I had osteopenia from all the epidurals and I was glad for a cure over several years.

I have been rather zonked out the past few days as they regulate meds from the pca to the pills. I thought I would be going home tomorrow but haven't heard the final word yet.

Adrienne, I hope my twin is doing well too. I forgot the stomach bloating and the back hurting too. I can't wait to sit and get my fingers uncovered from the IV's. My hair is longing for the shower, soon I hope. I guess I was amazed at how the two doctors were able to get the discs out. I hear there is a cage around bone.

I am not sure what else to write, so please ask whatever you need to find out, if I can help you. Mark, thanks for checking up on me. I'll be talking to you all soon.

Phylly
Discogram concordant pain @L4-S1 Aug. 07
Prodisc ADR's at L4-S1 November 2007
Foraminotomy July 08 for Sciatica
Continued problems and back pain worsened
Prodiscs removed and discs fused at L4-S1 Feb. 09