View Single Post
Old 02-15-2009, 03:33 PM

Smile Jennifer's C5/6-6/7 ADR:first person post

Hi all, it's me Jennifer. I posted somewhere earlier last week but don't really know where that post showed up, oh well. It was a bit of a long ramble anyways. First, thanks for all the supportive posts! Very encouraging to hear that hand strength continues to improve a year out. I'm doing great. Some days better than others, but I really can't complain at all. The biggest deal is NO DIZZINESS OR VERTIGO so far. That was supremely tested last week when I had a massage, which would always make me at least dizzy when rolling over and sitting up at the end. I was always convinced that the dynamic positioning of my c-spine( along with those monster posterior osteophytes!) affected my cord compression and caused the issues-couldn't have been good for CSF flow. So far, I'm feeling pretty vindicated. Neck pain is pretty minimal,just a dull ache-no more nerve-like throbbing. I'm able to get by with the occasional Tylenol 650mg. I'm going to the gym,3 times so far at not quite 3 wks post-op. No major weights, just light free weights and some machines,plus treadmill. Feeling tired the next day, but still better than pre-op in terms of pain and balance issues seem mostly gone.
The hardest thing for me is going slow. There's so much I want to do, but need to be patient for a few more weeks. I can't wait to get on my (safe and lazy) horse this spring! I'll keep updating-bye!