View Single Post
Old 02-17-2009, 08:25 PM

Nairek-
I am post op two weeks from a lami/discectomy and have many of your same issues so I' m thinking that they must be pretty "normal" as the body recovers from such trauma. Aren't those steri-strips such a pain when they catch on to something!!! The doctor told me they would fall off but I finally had my husband cut them down a little at a time and eventually peel them off. It is hard to tell pain from incisions and pain that was there beforehand. I also have that issue. I still hurt from the incision in my back but I also have other back pain at times. In addition, leg pain that was there before surgery comes and goes as well. I think that we are still early in the healing process and just have to give it time. Wishing you luck in your recovery!

Sarah

31 Year old social worker
work injury January 2008
Have undergone PT, epidural injections without success
2008 MRI/discogram/CT-scan confirm damages L4-L5 herniation L5-S1 annular tear and protrusion
Jan. 2009 Yale-- Dr. Yue--emergency discectomy/laminectomy L4-L5 exploratory surgery postop 1 week due to increased pain -- swelling complications pressing on nerve roots
Possible candidate for 2 level Pro-Disc

Sarah G.