View Single Post
Old 02-18-2009, 10:35 PM

I had my appt. this morning at the pain management clinic. My pain levels were soaring as I had hosted a baby shower at my house last night, so I was on my feet all day yesterday, which I rarely am. I really wanted to do this shower. I paid big time late last night and this a.m., but sometimes you just want/need to do something for a feeling of normalcy, you know? So, after much discussion and him re-reviewing my films, he said he would like to try the caudal epidural steroid injection, since I only got 4 hours relief from the SI joint injections 2 weeks ago. The placement was just above my tailbone going up. I cried through the whole procedure. He kept re-numbing the space, but I was just beaten down by pain, and having to have more pain during the procedure to try and get rid of pain. It's such a vicious cycle. But, it took a bit in recovery to notice any change, and then I began to feel some relief. If I bend backwards I still really feel the pain, but if I don't do that (duh!) I have received a good amount of relief, maybe 80%. I especially noticed how I felt better when I didn't think twice to finish cleaning up from last night, running the vacuum, washing dishes, laughing with my pets. I'm holding on here, knowing this local will likely wear off anytime. Does it ever happen that you just continue to feel good without the waiting period? I wish, I wish. Will continue to update as this plays out.

Cindylou
bicycle accident 6/01: 2 compression fractures @ T12-L1; vertibroplasty; 4/06: right hip labral tear & arthroscopic repair; 4/07: lumbar prodiscs @ 3 levels, L3-6 by Dr. Bertagnoli; 7/02/08: ALIF L6-S1; 7/30/08: reopened to remove bone cement, leaked onto S1 nerve root; 8/08: pulmonary embolism, double pneumonia, collapsed left lung, pleurisy, pleural effusion; ALIF fusion complete; 3/10/09: SI Joint Fusion by Dr. Stark; Jury still out.