View Single Post
Old 02-21-2009, 02:58 PM

Yes, I agree with Mark, Eastex. When I had my ALIF last summer, I also had severe leg pain, that was worse than before surgery. I complained enough that my doctor knew something must be wrong, and that's when he ordered the Cat Scan and saw that some of the bone cement had leaked out before it hardened, and had landed on my S1 nerve root, hardened there, causing me that excruciating pain. Unfortunately, they had to open me back up and get it out. Now, that's likely not what is happening w/ you, especially if they didn't have to use any bone cement, but, like Mark said, if you feel something is really NOT right, call and demand to be seen. Best to err on the side of caution. I'll be thinking of you Eastex. Keep us posted.

Cindylou
bicycle accident 6/01: 2 compression fractures @ T12-L1; vertibroplasty; 4/06: right hip labral tear & arthroscopic repair; 4/07: lumbar prodiscs @ 3 levels, L3-6 by Dr. Bertagnoli; 7/02/08: ALIF L6-S1; 7/30/08: reopened to remove bone cement, leaked onto S1 nerve root; 8/08: pulmonary embolism, double pneumonia, collapsed left lung, pleurisy, pleural effusion; ALIF fusion complete; 3/10/09: SI Joint Fusion by Dr. Stark; Jury still out.