Thread: Nerve block
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2009, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trkdoc714 View Post
Gil,

I had another round of selective nerve blocks yesterday. The PM injected L2/3, L4/5 on the right and L5/S1 bilaterally.

I usually handle these pretty well but he ordered an injection of Demerol for pain after he finished.

He finally uttered his approval of ADR being the best course for me. I think his clinic normally forbids him from mentioning any procedure they don't do.
He was going to get his insurance clerk to give me advice on getting precertified with Aetna to go to Germany for a Maverick.

He added that he'd be happy to remain as my PM afterward. He's a great doc. He's 5' 0" and weighs about 99 lbs. At the beginning of the first epidural with him, while I was lying face down on the table with my shorts pulled down, he told me I was going to feel a little prick. I couldn't help laughing when he said that. Needless to say, we both hit nerves that day.

Hopefully the pain level will come down today since I have to work.

How has your pain level done since your series of injections?

Bob
Bob:

Your sense of humor is amazing no matter the pain you are in. This story of the doctor brought laughter tears to my eyes.

I hope the injections work for you. Mine did for me. I got them before Christmas and they are still working for me. I am glad you guys got scheduled for ADR's during your doctor visit. You hang in there and keep the good humor coming our way.

Terry Newton
1994 ruptured C6-C7
1995 Hemi-Laminectomy C5-C6, C6-C7 Mayo Clinic
Bicycle Accident 2004
MRI, EMG, Facet Injections, Epidural Blocks, Lumbar Discogram.
Stenum Hospital Surgery November 4, 2006
Prestige Disc C5-C6, C6-C7
Maverick Disc S1-L5, L4-L5