View Single Post
Old 02-22-2009, 01:57 PM

Oh, thank-you Cathy, for that clarification. My symptoms are a throbbing, crushing, stabbing (when I slightly adjust my sitting) pain across low back. You know, ladies, recall back in the day when we proudly wore our two piece swimsuits? And then remember the cute little dimples (bilateral) that were just above the panty line of our two piece bottom? Those dimples are our SI joints. Thank God I'm not a doctor, huh?! My point is, it's right in that area. And when Dr. Stark examined me physically, he REALLY examined me. More thorough than any doctor I have ever had. When he had me laying down on the table, face up, he would stretch his arm way under my back, and press very firm (saying sorry, sorry) to test pain generators. And when he pushed on those SI joints to attempt to recreate the pain, I about flew off the table. I think it is definitely Heaven sent, this encounter, and pray my insurance covers this procedure. I believe I should know tomorrow, so I'll keep you all abreast of that. If it's not covered, beware, I will plummet into deep depression, so please feel free to PM, call me, under those circumstances.

Cindylou
bicycle accident 6/01: 2 compression fractures @ T12-L1; vertibroplasty; 4/06: right hip labral tear & arthroscopic repair; 4/07: lumbar prodiscs @ 3 levels, L3-6 by Dr. Bertagnoli; 7/02/08: ALIF L6-S1; 7/30/08: reopened to remove bone cement, leaked onto S1 nerve root; 8/08: pulmonary embolism, double pneumonia, collapsed left lung, pleurisy, pleural effusion; ALIF fusion complete; 3/10/09: SI Joint Fusion by Dr. Stark; Jury still out.