View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009, 01:18 PM

Thank-you all, once again, for the good advice. For some reason, I have not been able to access ISpine since yesterday afternoon. Just now trying, it popped up no problem, so I apologize for my delay in responding. So, after all my panic, it turns out he actually had a pretty good day yesterday. Ate more than he had over the weekend, has been hydrating voraciously. (he wasn't taking in any water over the weekend) Both my husband and I received a couple of emails around dinner time from Libby, and we are going over tonight at 6:30 pm to visit him, and Sue of course. They were all actually out of the house yesterday running some normal errands, accompanying Sue to her audiology appt., etc., leaving Terry in the good hands of the hospice nurse. (only silly me was sitting by the phone all day, afraid to run even one errand) Then another good friend who supplied dinner for them last night called me when she and her husband got home, and gave me a wonderful update. So............... I'm breathing again.

Thank-you all for the words of wisdom. Most appreciated.

Cindylou
bicycle accident 6/01: 2 compression fractures @ T12-L1; vertibroplasty; 4/06: right hip labral tear & arthroscopic repair; 4/07: lumbar prodiscs @ 3 levels, L3-6 by Dr. Bertagnoli; 7/02/08: ALIF L6-S1; 7/30/08: reopened to remove bone cement, leaked onto S1 nerve root; 8/08: pulmonary embolism, double pneumonia, collapsed left lung, pleurisy, pleural effusion; ALIF fusion complete; 3/10/09: SI Joint Fusion by Dr. Stark; Jury still out.