View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009, 10:44 PM

Default My SI Joint Fusion Surgery is covered!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zippity do da!!!!!!!!!!! My SI joint fusion surgery is covered!!!! I couldn't take the torture anymore with waiting, and called Dr. Stark's office late this afternoon. I was truly expecting a "no" since they said they would call me yesterday with the answer, and I hadn't heard anything. So, imagine my surprise when she said she had just gotten off the phone with HealthPartner's and it was a yes. I so needed a yes. Honestly. I have been so down in the dumps, on top of my pain levels, on top of our dear friend's inevitable demise. I just cried, I was so relieved. So, surgery is set for March 9th! Yikes! It is 1 day before the baby is due, altho, Christy is 75% effaced and dilated 1.5 centimeters. So, come on baby!!! Let's get this show on the road! Thank-you for all the prayers guys.

Cindylou
bicycle accident 6/01: 2 compression fractures @ T12-L1; vertibroplasty; 4/06: right hip labral tear & arthroscopic repair; 4/07: lumbar prodiscs @ 3 levels, L3-6 by Dr. Bertagnoli; 7/02/08: ALIF L6-S1; 7/30/08: reopened to remove bone cement, leaked onto S1 nerve root; 8/08: pulmonary embolism, double pneumonia, collapsed left lung, pleurisy, pleural effusion; ALIF fusion complete; 3/10/09: SI Joint Fusion by Dr. Stark; Jury still out.