View Single Post
Old 02-27-2009, 01:02 AM

Default DSS vs. Dynesys

I believe if I'd had the DSS and a better diagnosed and addressed decompression procedure, I'd be singing a different and better tune right now. There are many differences between the DSS and the Dynesys. A very important one is the fact that the dynesys is rigid in flexion which is big negative when you think about the implications. IMHO, that affected my situation with low disc height in a very negative manner. I'm 4 months out from removal and I need to update my thread. Mark, I've since read some even newer research on the dynesys and I'd be more than happy to contribute to your PDS discussion. A recent study shows that the dynesys does not slow disc disease and contributes to adjacent disc disease as well. My surgeon confirmed the latter part about the adjacent disc desease as he has seen it in some of his patients where he extended the dynesys. I'll gather up my links an update my progress and my thread as my own case may be of some help to others.

I want to thank Justin for sharing his situation with us so we can all learn and become more empowered regarding our own situations.
Dynesys stabalization and decompression May 07
Removed Nov 08 Due to persistant debilitation bilateral nerve pain which resolved with removal