View Single Post
Old 02-27-2009, 01:28 AM
Administrator

Bob, we all have to pick what we are afraid of. See the video of me playing tennis with Charite' pt. number 1 from 1984, before they new about oxidation, sterilization, packaging issues with poly, sizing, placement, etc.... Why would you be more afraid of poly wear as related to sheer force than metal ions? We reduce the risk of wear being an issue by getting a proper installation. For me, revisability is more of an issue than wear. Explanting a Maverick at L4-5 is much more difficult than a poly core device. Having said all that, I believe that properly implanted in a properly selected patient, they will all work fine. Avoiding improper implantation is the key to success.

John, rigidity in flexion depends on the tensioning of the cord. Extension limits depend on the size and retained rigidity of the spacer. Not all are fixed.

Dynesys results vary so greatly from one surgeon to the next. Some surgeons report 25% screw breakage/loosening, while others report zero or close to zero. Application of Dynesys for varying inidications has also been all over the place. I look forward to your update... I hope it's good.

I agree... thanks to Justin... this gives us an opportunity to learn a ton.

Mark
2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org