Thread: lipitor
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2009, 11:33 AM

You are right on Kathy, it is a double edge sword. I would also like to add that if anyone is taking a statin, to also start taking CoQ10 as a supplement, it can really help with muscle aches and it’s good for the heart. It’s an enzyme that your body produces naturally but taking statins will deplete it. I take 200mg/day. Sam’s Club or Costco is about the cheapest that I have found.

Allan, they did do all of those blood tests while I was in the ER that night but they all came back negative. I never did have a heart attack, there is no way I would have survived one. But it’s my understanding that even angina chest pain can be detected by the level of those enzymes….usually…..

I was pretty much back to normal in 3-4 months, but worked extremely hard to achieve that. I was in the cardiac rehab gym almost everyday. It really paid off though, that and being only 49 at the time made for a quick recovery. At 4 months out it was like it never even happened. I am at 15 months now and still feel great heart wise

I wish I could say the same for my back. Aside for some on and off facet pain over the years, which I managed quite well with occasional rhizotomies, my back has been pretty good….up until last June. I started having some new pain symptoms and have found out that my L4-L5 Prodisc is autofusing, which is causing stenosis. Not sure what I am going to do at this point, just waiting to see.

Regards,
Larry