View Single Post
Old 02-28-2009, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Earhart View Post
How bad was the stomach pain? I think I am more scared of the stomach incision pain than anything else! I am always laughing (I'm easily amused ) My two crazy friends are going to come to Florida and 'take care of me' once my husband has to leave and come back to Texas. I made them both promise to not make me laugh!
Oh, what meds were you on pre surgery? How much were you able to wean before surgery? Are you on the same now?
Kathy,
For the amount of pain meds I was on, for the first 3 days, I didn't feel a thing. After the hospital morphine got out of my system, I did feel stomach pain.

For the most part, All my pain is incision pain though. Don't feel any pain in my leg. I do have a little pain in my lower back, but I think that might be from me getting up too much. As for the laughing, yeah, you need to be careful. On the 4th day of being home, I coughed while standing, and started to tear up with the amount of pain from my stomach. All I did was took more pills and went to bed.

Before I went into surgery, I was taking Flexeril, Celebrex and Norco (As needed). I had to completely stop the Celebrex 1 week before surgery.

After surgery, They gave me another script of Norco. I started to have these Muscle spasms, which were freaking me out about 2 days getting home. So I called TBI and Dr. Guyer gave me a script of Zanaflex, Muscle Relaxers. Those really aren't working, because I am still having the spasms.

Let us now how things go after your surgery.
Dan
May 2008 - L5/S1 crumbling disk
Jul. 2008 - L5 - S1 PAINFUL Discogram VAS 10/10
Jan. 2009 - Texas Back Institute - Axiomed Clinical Trial Enrollment
Feb. 2009 - Clinical Trial Surgery - Freedom Lumbar Disc inserted - L5-S1