Thread: lipitor
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2009, 07:20 PM

I've been blessed with normal cholesterol and blood pressure. I've taken it for granted until I injured my back. Now I keep getting told that with my physical condition I should be able to fly through all of the surgeries I've been offered (sounds like part of a sales pitch to me). When I weighed this morning I was still well within my target BMI and although I've lost muscle tone, I've been able to stay in shape (relatively speaking).

There are so many unnoticed warning signs of cardiac events it's wise to be concerned at even hints of problems. My former supervisor was driving home from work in December. He felt the signs of a heart attack. Instead of driving the rest of the home, he turned around and went to the ER. Luckily for him, he did that. He was told if he had gone home and called 911 he wouldn't have made it. It turned out to be a torn aorta. They were able to repair it with synthetic tissue and he was back to work in January.

After reading about the various medical problems of a lot of my fellow I-Spiners, I feel very grateful mine are minor in comparison.

I wish you all better health in the near future.

Bob
04/07 Recurrent Disc Surgery L5/S1
3 Ortho and 1 Neuro Surgeon, 3 MRIs, 1 EGM, 1 Myleogram & 11 EDIs later:
03/27/09 Maverick ADR at L4/L5 & L5/S1
03/27/09 The Lord and Dr. Ritter-Lang returned my life to me.