Thread: lipitor
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2009, 03:13 PM

Hi Justin!

Wow, it’s been a long time. I remember when we met back in 04 at the luncheon Mark put on with Dr. Yeung. Time flies, eh? I have been trying to catch up here, it’s been so long since I have lurked around on the forums. I’ve read some of what you are experiencing now, I’m sorry, that really sucks…..

Thanks for the link on the cholesterol, that’s very good information. It’s really important to know what risk category you fall into, it really effects what your cholesterol target should be.

My triglycerides were low and my HDL cholesterol was high. What got me into trouble was that even though those two components were very good, it wasn’t good enough to offset the horribly high LDL, I believe it was 230.

For those of you that need to get your cholesterol down but can’t take a statin, ask your doctor about possibly trying Niaspan, which is timed release vitamin B3 (Niacin). You still need to monitor your liver enzymes while on it but it because of the dosage amount. But some people can tolerate it much more than a statin. I’m actually on a combination of both and my LDL is currently in the 70’s.

Regards,
Larry