View Single Post
Old 03-02-2009, 11:26 PM

I now have the MRI report. I don't understand most of it. Here are a few of the "highlights":

L3-L4...Large diffuse posterior disk bulge along with moderately large focal central protrusion in the midline with annular tear. The protrusion is Approx. 1.5cm in width and extends Approx. 5mm from disk margin and flattens the anterior dural sac.

L4-L5...Large broadly based posterior disk bulge. In addition there is a large right sided focal disk protrusion/extrusion flattening the anterior dural sac with encroachment upon the right lateral recess and right neural foramen and displacing the exiting nerve root. The probable extrusion fragment measures about 8-10 mm by 16 mm and has some inferior migration. There is also mild bilateral facet arthropathy with fluid in the left facet.

I guess this is not good news! I did talk to Mark at globalpatientnetwork. He was very pleasant to talk to. I will stay in contact with Mark as I work my way through this new "adventure". Thank you everyone for all your advice and words of encouragement.