View Single Post
Old 03-04-2009, 05:09 AM

Kathy:
Wishing you all the best in your surgery!
Love the idea of the four-leaf clover thong--but your surgeon will never see it because you go into the OR in your birthday suit...maybe a tatoo???

Before each of my surgeries--wrist, both shoulders and neck--I felt "fine" and questioned whether they were necessary...and each time, once the surgeon opened up the area, there was no question about injury. I was excited about getting my ADR but when I woke up in recovery and realized that the surgery had been done, I really went into a panic--short-lived, thankfully!

I hope your surgeon has already given you the list of meds and herbal supplements to stop before surgery, such as aspirin.

Only a couple of things to add: the morning of the surgery, I showered with Betadine solution (don't know if that's really necessary but I had been told to do that for previous surgeries). Also, get laxatives in addition to stool softener, just in case, and vaseline or something to moisten your nasal passages which will be dry. The nexcare bandages Justin mentioned are a life saver enabling you to shower.

Good luck!