Thread: Triglycerides?
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2009, 04:54 PM

Default re tryglicerides

Hi Kathy,
As you've seen in another thread I too have elevated cholesterol and my LDL is high so I'm supposed to be taking a statin drug and guess I better get on it as per the cardiologist's input.

I don't like what I read about potential side effects of the drugs but I realize that building up plaque in my arteries isn't a good option either and potentially a fatal one or devastating in the way of a stroke...

With a family history of high cholesterol, hypertension, stroke, heart attack pretty heavily on my mother's side of the family (and cancer) I know I have to guard my cardiac health.

My father's mother died early in life (age 45-50) and the cause sounded like CHF but per my father's report it was "I don't know"... still the symptoms sounded very much like congestive heart failure and/or conditions caused by it.

So here we go.. got to be a responsible adult (ugh).. I just finished a bag of blue chips last night for dinner with melted swiss cheese over them~ yep, I was partying in my own way before I restart my meds and a very watchful nutritional pattern (with an occasional fling thrown in here and there!)!!