View Single Post
Old 12-13-2006, 06:58 PM

That's exactly the way I think about it! Like pulling your finger way back and leaving it there. If you stop pulling it back right before it gives you sharp pain, that's what it reminds me of. When I walk the sharp pain can appear briefly with each step. It's more pronounced with bigger step size.

Post surgery imaging (MRI, x-ray, CT Myelo) shows a lumbar that's straight, no curvature. The doctor that did CT myelo injection had trouble getting the needle in. He said I might have ligaments that are calcifying because of lack of motion. So am I locked up? The loss of motion was voluntary after I figured out that extension aggravated me. I trained myself to be neutral to flexed in most all situations. Overall it helped alot. Here's an example. I put some plastic bags on the seat of my car. When I get into the car I sit in the seat sideways with both feet on the pavement. Then I lift both legs together and then spin my feet/legs together into the car. Sort of like a woman wearing a short skirt would do it to keep from exposing herself. I do all kinds of weird things like this. Often I can tell people wonder what the heck I'm doing.

I continue to do some of the exercises I've been taught by various pt's over the past 5 years, but I haven't been to a therapist lately.