View Single Post
Old 12-14-2006, 07:37 AM

Send a message via AIM to Blairsara

Jim - Ya, it's really the best way for me to think about it, actually that's how my Dr told me I should think about it - in terms of understanding what's going on. So what happens if your ligaments are in fact calcifying? The example that you gave is pretty interesting. What are some other things that you do? Maybe that could help me. And about people wondering, for me what i think is basically ... who cares what other people think. lol! Do you think that going to a PT would maybe help you? I know that for me it does. My PT does this release and also hands on work to release the muscle tension. But I also do exercises that focus on strengthening my core. One thing that the dr who did the rhizo said that doing the exercises are very important. So that will definitely help. Do you find that doing the exercises help you?

Laura - Thank you so much for all of that info! I really appreciate it. I'm going in to see Dr. Regan and my pain doctor the first week of January to discuss my options. Also, I didnt know that the facet joints had that so that was helpful information! I don't remember what my films showed about my facets, just that they were obviously overextended and that my right one is stuck in that position. I do remember that Dr. Regan said he didnt think I had much arthritus at all. So that's a good thing. But he said that from looking at my old films and not my new ones (it's been a while since I've taken new MRI's and C-T scans).
I'm sorry to hear about your problem. Are you going to go through with that procedure? How long did you wait before getting ADR? I hope that you're feeling somewhat better and that the pain isnt constant.

Thanks again for your comments

Blair
Spondylolisthesis
1/04 fall in Vegas
1/04-5/04 epiderals
6/24/04 Charite L5/S1
10/04-present new pain from facet joints caused by Charite; 10 facet blocks
12/06 rhizotomy left side
3/07 rhizotomy right side
5/10/2007 Charite removed, anterior IF, posterior instrumentation
180 mg MS-contin; Oxycodone; 16 mg Zanaflex