View Single Post
Old 03-08-2009, 04:07 PM

Sorry for another question...

Is the DIAM a good alternative? It seems to be the best of the pack, not having any metal to irritate the bone, and they all have been approved now. While they do not allow as much motion, it seems that they would be much better than fusion, and much less invasive (and expensive).

And yes, the facets could very well be a cause of my pain...but I don't have a doctor who is willing to do the testing yet.

Everyone so far is saying that my cervical, the 5/6, is urgent. It is compressing the spinal cord by a bunch, but I have very little pain there, massive in my lumbar (up to 30 mg of morphine every two hours). Is that common? And does that mean I have to walk around on eggshells? There is no hyperflexion, I believe is the word, where the vertebrae are tilted and in danger of sliding sideways, if I am explaining it correctly.

Does anyone post MRI images here, to get comparisons for those who like to look at such stuff?

Mark, I look forward to seeing information about that new one. Thanks again.
All conventional therapy exhausted, including spinal injections, PT, massage, etc.
In appeal with Gov't Insurance for Out-of-country coverage for ADR hybrid surgery of above discs.
Recently discovered that I am severely allergic to all common metals used in surgical hardware except for Titanium.