Thread: Never again
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2009, 06:37 PM

Default 4 week update

Hi All,
Today is 4 weeks. I am not sure if I should post here or start a new thread since I am now minus my ADR's. Mark, what do you think? Most days are good but yesterday was sort of Blah and painful. We had a big weekend so Monday's are like that. Today seems better and I may go for a short drive. It could have to do with meds and trying to stretch the patch out for an extra half day. I am pretty motivated on cutting down the drugs but it is hard since I have depended on them for years.
For one month I am doing pretty well but I wish the recovery to move along faster. I am still on the Forteo and do not feel any side effects so far. I see an endocrinologist about it next week. I think that boredom is now setting in. I am well enough to look good but not really well enough to do too many activities and sit for long periods of time yet. The house is quiet. I should call friends to come and get me for an outing but I hate to be a burden or have to turn around and go back back home right away. I probably should be more dependent and let people come over and keep me company. I still feel glad I went through with this and pray that the pain I have is still surgical and not permanent. I will post again and let you know how I am doing.
Phylly
Discogram concordant pain @L4-S1 Aug. 07
Prodisc ADR's at L4-S1 November 2007
Foraminotomy July 08 for Sciatica
Continued problems and back pain worsened
Prodiscs removed and discs fused at L4-S1 Feb. 09