View Single Post
Old 03-10-2009, 09:22 PM

Default Pregablin and continued pain in neck, shoulders heels buttocks!

Hi all, I havent posted for a while my brother died suddenly at 52 and its been very tough. I wanted to just update and see if anyone has any advice on where I should go next. I am still in constant pain post cervical ADR on 2 levels. My surgeon said there was no nerve compression it was the discs that were hurting me. I aid I was still in pain at 3 months and he said it was chronic pain! He was disappointed I was in pain and on Pregablin , but I am and need help. Recently I have increased the dose to 450mg and developed burning hands, I suspected the drug , so redcued it to 100mg a day, when I reduced it these symptoms went away but the pain was awful , as bad if not worse that pre surgery in the neck and shoulders, and the heel pain was very bad so the drug has been masking this.

I returned back on it because I would rather have burning hands. Last night I woke with awful pain like scalding in my arms and hands and I was dreaming cats were attacking my hands (not nice!!! but mad dreams on this drug , and I was in pain) It eased when I got up and about, but I am at a loss as to where to go now. I am supposed to be having a facet cyst rmoved soon from my L5/S1 nerve exit in the hope this will help with the buttock and heel pain but I am begining to wonder if I have something else other than mechanical problems. I read alot but dont find anyone quite like me symptoms wise ,any bells ringing for anyone?? thanks Marion
Diagnosed mild disc dehydration L4/5L5S1 and facet dengeneration L5S1 Facet Cyst L5S1 ADR Active C C5/6C6/7 Sept 08 reduction in pain gradually by 50-60% Buttock and heel pain remain . Meds Pregablin, Tramadol, Co Codymol, Voltarol
Retunred to work Jan 09