View Single Post
Old 03-12-2009, 03:58 PM

Yes, well one of the things I am hoping is that I will be able to get my records (or at least an answer as to when I should expect them) when I go in for this appointment to talk about my bone density.

I am a little calmer now. And I'm hoping that my numbers are just slightly into the osteopenic range. I have been taking calcium (chelated) with magnesium and also Vitamin D.

Part of why I am anxious to have some progress, is my job. I work for a large University, and I want to switch careers. I work in a research lab, but for close to a year now I haven't been able to do bench work. I've been doing administrative work. Even if I am better after having surgery, I think it is time for me to move to a different field. I want to do grants and contracts work, which several people have told me that my lab experience will give me insight that will be helpful to doing the job.

But I can't approach the HR person, until I have some concrete plans for surgery. Because what I'd like to try and do, is make this switch in career, when I come back from recovering. And my current boss also needs to make plans for replacing me, but he can't do that either, until I know when I will be going out.

Okay, while I was typing this up, I decided to call again to find out where my records are. I have been given a tracking number and the phone number for the company that copies and releases the records. Of course once again I have had to leave a message - they had better call. According to the doctors office, they were mailed on 2/27.

46 years old. 12-15 years of intermittent pain, 2 years with constant pain.

DDD, L4-5 and L5-S1, pain confirmed by discogram.
PT, ESI's, Facet injection and block, Acupuncture - all no help.

2-level (Prodisc-L) ADR surgery with Dr. Bertagnoli, May 26, 2009.

Currently taking Opana-ER (tapering off) and oxycodone