View Single Post
Old 03-12-2009, 05:03 PM

Hi Everyone,

Sitting seems to be my biggest challenge to date. I knew this going into this surgery. Dr. Stark made me aware of this. So, up down, up down for me right now. I worked with the OT quite a big this morning, learning how to use the grabber again, the walker, etc. Still need the PT for learning how to use crutches again. Hopefully, she'll be by this afternoon. Dr. Stark asked me early this a.m., during rounds if I wanted to go home. I said yes, for sure, but not sure how realistic it is, since I am still on the PCA pump. We are cutting back on that, as we speak, to wean me off. The OT thinks I am doing really well, thus far. So that is encouraging. That's about if for now. I'm getting groggy again. Thanks to everyone for all the prayers and well wishes.

More later,

Cindylou
bicycle accident 6/01: 2 compression fractures @ T12-L1; vertibroplasty; 4/06: right hip labral tear & arthroscopic repair; 4/07: lumbar prodiscs @ 3 levels, L3-6 by Dr. Bertagnoli; 7/02/08: ALIF L6-S1; 7/30/08: reopened to remove bone cement, leaked onto S1 nerve root; 8/08: pulmonary embolism, double pneumonia, collapsed left lung, pleurisy, pleural effusion; ALIF fusion complete; 3/10/09: SI Joint Fusion by Dr. Stark; Jury still out.

Last edited by Cindylou; 03-12-2009 at 05:08 PM. Reason: spelling