View Single Post
Old 12-16-2006, 02:58 PM

Default New here, looking for fusion sucess rates

I want to first say I am glad to find this site. I am trying to find fusion sucess rates at L5-S1 as I have heard so many negative storys. I have been told by two surgeons that I need the ADR, so I have it in my mind that, that's what I need and want.

I have DDD at this level, and bulge, bonespurs and narrowing foramen. Probably other stuff forgetting to mention.

I have tried epidurals, physical therapy etc been off work for almost a year. Living on pain pills.

Finally got approved for state medicaid (missouri) finally got into see another neurosurgeon, now that I have mediciad can't find anyone to take it. Now being seen at the teaching hospital in Kansas City. The surgeon had me go take flexion/extension xrays and a catscan. Although I already had MRI's he said he's checking for instability. Now I have to wait some more to see him.

When I look at my xray (I can only understand side one) the vertebrae has moved but not alot. I have called around everywhere trying to find a surgeon who will accept medicaid, that knows how to do the ADR. Found out yesterday that medicaid will not pay for ADR.

So i feel like once again they are gonna try to push me into fusion. I need to be able to work again. If I try to work even pt, I will loose medicaid. My family is going into financial ruins, I have got to do something to be able to work again.

All these years I have been told, never to do the fusion, as it causes other disc's to herniate.

Any suggestions, I am running out of hope hear, endlessly searching the internet for some sort of miracle cure. I don't have 50,000 grand to fly to germany, but wish I did.

Help.