View Single Post
Old 03-13-2009, 03:57 PM

I finally got hold of someone at the place that copies the medical records, they will send them out again. But still, where did they end up (if they were sent at all)? That is confidential information, and it upsets me to think some stranger could see it.

The place that did the bone density test, is within the same practice as my PM doc and one of the surgeons that I saw. I will call my PM doc, and ask if she can look it up for me. She is usually very helpful.

And I need to make another phone call. I don't remember if I mentioned it here, but when I went to have the bone density test done, I was talking to the woman doing it. I ended up telling her I was getting it done, because I was considering surgery. She asked who I was going to, if it was one of the surgeons with their practice. I told her I had seen one of their surgeons, but that I was considering going to Germany. She said that a guy that works there, had gone to Germany for 2 level disc replacement (I'm pretty sure she said lumbar) in December and that he was set to come back to work part time soon. I asked if she would mind passing on a message, that I'd like to talk with him, if he didn't mind. She gave me her email address and said she would pass it on, when she saw him next.

Yesterday I got an email from him, Bryan, and he gave me his phone number and said to call or write. I feel a little strange calling someone out of the blue, but I am hoping that weird feeling will go away pretty quickly when we start to talk. I find it extremely interesting that someone who works at an orthopaedic office, with surgeons who do ADR, would choose to go to Germany to have surgery....it says a lot.

46 years old. 12-15 years of intermittent pain, 2 years with constant pain.

DDD, L4-5 and L5-S1, pain confirmed by discogram.
PT, ESI's, Facet injection and block, Acupuncture - all no help.

2-level (Prodisc-L) ADR surgery with Dr. Bertagnoli, May 26, 2009.

Currently taking Opana-ER (tapering off) and oxycodone