View Single Post
Old 03-14-2009, 02:54 AM

Default Update March 09

Things are going well out in Colorado. No doubt glad that I had the surgery. I am still dealing with some nerve issues (bi lateral, especially upon sitting). I am not really sure whether they are healing from the surgery or facet related at L4/5.

Dr Chad Prusmak is the head Neuro for the Denver Broncos and did my Micro in 07. He is a super progressive/good guy and wanted to do all my follow up after Zeegers surgery. We work out at the same gym and he always has a few questions for me when I see him. At 3 months he did the xray review and stated everything looked great and after measuring the movement on the flexion/extension xrays said things looked to be moving well. I will be meeting him on the 25th to go over a few things. Although my facet issues at l4-5 were deemed minor, I do have bi lateral synovial cysts there. I asked Chad about them at 3 months and he said they may or may not be symptomatic and that he would not be suprised to see to see them improve. I do not have the classic facet symptoms, but am going to propose aspirating them and shooting them with a steroid. We'll see what he says. He has always been suprised with my level of interest and knowledge. He stated that I am one of the most intense patients he has come across. I have an anular tear at L3/4, but the disc looks fairly good, and a lot of guys my age have asymptomatic tears. It did not rear its head on my disco last year. I figure go til it blows...or go till they can shoot it up with a fibrin based injection.

I have been doing really well in the gym. I am working with a guy that trains professional athletes doing high level functional training. He has been "intrigued" while working with me. He says that my learned motor movements after my back injury occured have definitely changed my normal movement patterns and that although I am strong in certain areas, that my functional strength in chain movements is very low and makes me susceptible to injury. He stated that its amazing how when you get people moving correctly again, how much better they feel and how much better a position the body is in to heal. He has had clients that were able to put off total hips/total knees/ and back surgeries. It really makes you think about the cascading affects of back injuries on the other tissues in the spine. I'll keep everyone posted of anything of interest.

Geoff

The Bionic Man - "We'll make him better than he was before...Better, Stronger, Faster"...well not quite but you get the idea

Last edited by Firerescuefin; 03-14-2009 at 03:02 AM.