View Single Post
Old 03-14-2009, 05:31 PM

Hi everyone,

I discharged from the hospital yesterday late afternoon. I've been mostly sleeping since I got home! I was given the ok for stairs after all, w/ my crutches. The P.T. must have told my doctor I mastered them so well, that I should be fine. I'm mostly using the walker for now, with slight toe touch on right side. So, here's what we decided to do: We keep the crutches right by the stairs. And we bought two walkers. So, I walk with one walker to the stairs, leave it there, and take the crutches that are waiting for me and use them to get down the stairs. At the bottom of the stairs is the other walker waiting for me to use. So I leave the crutches there by stairs again, and use the other walker to get around. (because we knew in a week or two, my husband would be traveling again and would not be available to carry the walker behind me down the stairs.) So, this is all in theory. Because since I got home yesterday at 4-ish, I came upstairs and haven't left my bedroom! But I am about to try it out now. I believe I am only aware of surgical pain at this time. I'm not noticing the pre-surgical pain. So that is all good. My daughter-in-law is going to bring the baby over to see me sometime today. Can't wait. I can hardly believe she is 10 days old already. I need to hold her. My lips got so dry in the hospital that I am beginning to see the signs of cold sores on my lips. Lovely. That's it for now. Thank-you for all the prayers. They are so appreciated. And Kathy, I know your surgery is around the corner. Good luck! I'll be praying for you.

Cindylou
bicycle accident 6/01: 2 compression fractures @ T12-L1; vertibroplasty; 4/06: right hip labral tear & arthroscopic repair; 4/07: lumbar prodiscs @ 3 levels, L3-6 by Dr. Bertagnoli; 7/02/08: ALIF L6-S1; 7/30/08: reopened to remove bone cement, leaked onto S1 nerve root; 8/08: pulmonary embolism, double pneumonia, collapsed left lung, pleurisy, pleural effusion; ALIF fusion complete; 3/10/09: SI Joint Fusion by Dr. Stark; Jury still out.