View Single Post
Old 03-15-2009, 07:49 PM

Karin,
I wholeheartedly agree with Cindylou and Terry. Cocktails of drugs are very helpful during the recovery especially with the symptoms you are having. Being in less pain can help you heal faster and different drugs can effect the different symptoms you are having. Feeling like you are going to have a nervous breakdown is not good. We know that you are venting but you must be stressed by all you are going through and 6 weeks is not that long after having surgery. BTW I think that your doctor should show you your x-rays. That was the first thing my doctor did at the 2 week visit. He wanted me to see the bone, the pins, and screws etc and how they were placed. While your nerves are healing lyrica or nuerontin can help. An antidepressant may help with the stress and your pain meds should help with the pain. I am not sure what you are on right now? Maybe you can call your Drs. instead of a long train ride into the city. Sitting still for long periods of time is not that great, walking would be more helpful but if you are having pain from walking too then maybe shorter walks will do. I was prescribed a muscle relaxer before surgery to help with muscle spasms and I have used it after the surgery when i feel tightness in my muscles. I also think when you feel really stressed you should try to relax and maybe visualize something peaceful and relaxing. Take deep breaths and try to think of things you love to do that are fun. Try to stay in that peaceful pain free place. I know this is harder said than done but it may help. I know when I am stressed all my muscles tighten up and make everything worse than it really is. Is there someone you can talk to? Any family member who can be your confidant. I know that your husband must also be stressed thinking his job is going overseas. What a bummer. We are all here for you too so vent away. I am sending good thoughts your way.
Phylly
Discogram concordant pain @L4-S1 Aug. 07
Prodisc ADR's at L4-S1 November 2007
Foraminotomy July 08 for Sciatica
Continued problems and back pain worsened
Prodiscs removed and discs fused at L4-S1 Feb. 09