View Single Post
Old 03-15-2009, 08:09 PM

Send a message via AIM to Nairek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Allen Blackburn View Post
WOW Karin. A lot on your plate right now. I hope that the symptoms disappear after awhile more of healing. Did they recommend Lyrica for the nerve pain? That sure was helpful too me in my first year of recovery. I hope things start looking up for you. It may be a good idea to discuss upping the dosage of the anti-depressant for awhile. make sure you discuss this with your Primary Care Physician so it does not cross react to other medications you may be on.

Hang in there.

Terry Newton
Terry,

Indeed, I have a lot going on. Of course my life is always full of some kind of drama. Kinda sad that it almost seems normal to me.

I have to go for an SI Joint injection on Wednesday. Hopefully it helps with some of the issues I'm having. When I go back for an office visit with my PM doc, I'll ask him about the Lyrica. I was taking 25mg once per day before bed up until 2 weeks before the surgery. I wasn't able to function on it if I took it during the day hence why I'm a tad hesitant to go back on it again.

We'll see what happens. I'm just taking it 1 day at a time for now.

Karin
Disc Bulge C4/C5, Disc Degeneration T11/T12, Bi-Lateral tears L5/S1, Diagnosed w/ Lumbar Disc Derangement w/ Radiculopaphy. Treatment: IDET, Percutaneous Discectomy, SI Joint Injection, Facet Block. All failed. Empire BC/BS Denied Coverage for ADR-lost all of my appeals. MVP also denied coverage.

Anterior/Posterior Fusion L5/S1 -1/20/09