Thread: Never again
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2009, 06:31 PM

Phylly, congrats on passing your four week mark. I think you should continue to post here, so newbies can see all different kinds of responses to this ADR surgery. The good, the bad, the ugly, if you will. I don't take Forteo, but Actinol, and have done really well on it. No side effects whatsoever. I think, overall, it sounds like you are coming along nicely. And good that you are walking some. I totally get the boredom thing. Here I sit at only 1 week post-op, and already, I look around and go, ok....what can I do now?? NOT MUCH is the answer, but I think, for me anyway, it's not having that good feeling of validation of being able to accomplish things, anything for that matter, that is frustrating. I am just not a very patient person, period. The house is trashed, I look like crap, the laundry is piled up still from LAST week, the bills are still sitting there that my husband promised he would do for a few months, and......you get the picture. I call my daughter-in-law every day to hear about the baby. I am pathetic. But, on the other hand, I do laugh at myself. And a sense of humor is critical at times like this. And my husband keeps me laughing too, which is incredible, when I think about everything he has had to endure the past 8 years. I have to continually tell myself: go with the flow; one day at a time; tomorrow is one more day of healing under my belt; never give up. The last is probably my biggest mantra. I am always so blown away by the stamina and stick to it-ness all we spiney's have. Pounding away at insurance denials, round the clock pain, never ending doctor's appt., searching for answers. I hope you have found your answer with this latest surgery, Phylly. Really great days are within your grasp. Keep hangin' on.

God Bless,

Cindy
bicycle accident 6/01: 2 compression fractures @ T12-L1; vertibroplasty; 4/06: right hip labral tear & arthroscopic repair; 4/07: lumbar prodiscs @ 3 levels, L3-6 by Dr. Bertagnoli; 7/02/08: ALIF L6-S1; 7/30/08: reopened to remove bone cement, leaked onto S1 nerve root; 8/08: pulmonary embolism, double pneumonia, collapsed left lung, pleurisy, pleural effusion; ALIF fusion complete; 3/10/09: SI Joint Fusion by Dr. Stark; Jury still out.