View Single Post
Old 03-20-2009, 07:40 PM

I wrote out the timeline for getting my medical records. I had planned on waiting till early next week before calling again, and maybe I should have. But I couldn't bear the thought of waiting all through the weekend, without knowing if any progress was being made. So, I called my doctors office, only left a message. I figure I will let them tell me how long is reasonable to wait.

But, if I still haven't gotten them by next Thursdays appointment with the osteoporosis doc, then I am going to ask them to copy them as I wait. I'm tired of waiting. It is almost the end of March, and back in January I had 'planned' on having surgery in March or at least early April. This is the timing that works well for us financially (as well as can be, and as early as financially possible), though not as ideal for my job. For my job, ideally, I would have already had surgery.

I know, as evidenced by people here, that having surgery with Dr. B can come about very quickly. Though, as far as airfare, buying a little farther out is beneficial. And I still need to figure out the finances, exactly where to get the funds. I imagine that a medical loan requires some sort of estimate of costs. That is one option, another is credit cards, though I don't know if the hospitals can/will take that as payment. At the very least, things like airfare, hotels, and food can go on credit cards.

I have a feeling that after all this waiting and not being able to do anything, all of a sudden there will be so many things to do, and not enough time to do them. I'm not looking forward to that part either.

I think I should start making lists, I do have some already. For instance, I don't know when I should approach my PM doc about extra meds to take with me, and asking to make sure she will treat me after having surgery abroad. I also think that I should ask the surgeon that I saw in the same practice, Dr. Musante, if he will be willing to treat me if I need it after having surgery elsewhere. Does that need to be done before I go, maybe not.

I'm so afraid that there are things that I should be doing now, but I don't know what they are.

46 years old. 12-15 years of intermittent pain, 2 years with constant pain.

DDD, L4-5 and L5-S1, pain confirmed by discogram.
PT, ESI's, Facet injection and block, Acupuncture - all no help.

2-level (Prodisc-L) ADR surgery with Dr. Bertagnoli, May 26, 2009.

Currently taking Opana-ER (tapering off) and oxycodone