View Single Post
Old 03-21-2009, 03:18 PM

Thanks Dale and Sandy.

Talking to my doctor's before I go, included asking about getting extra meds to take with me. Some of the surgery stories I've read clued me in that I might need them. I just hope I can get something that will work. I'm not taking strong meds (Opana-ER), though after surgery I'm afraid that I will need stronger ones. Plus I tend to only be able to take a few pain meds, many of them make me sick, so I'm worried that there won't be one that I can take that will work well enough for the pain, and not make me sick. The only thing I can think of, is to try to see if my PM doc can give me something to help with the nausea and vomiting, just in case. Well, I will just hope she has a good plan. I've had a very good relationship with her, and so I hope that will be easy to handle. The surgeon is more of a question, at least in my mind.

Sandy, I never use all my minutes either. But I got more minutes, because I wanted to have the "no long-distance" charges, to be able to call my son wherever he went in the military. Though now he is out, and in one place, it is still in another state. And all of my family is in another state too. Luckily I have roll-over minutes, but they just accumulate and then expire after a year. But I always have like 2000 minutes that are rolled over.

This weekend, I think I will try to do some investigation into medical loans. To see if I need to have a quote first. Also, if there is any problem with using it for overseas surgery (I really hope not). We have other possible ways of getting the money, but I think this makes the best sense.

46 years old. 12-15 years of intermittent pain, 2 years with constant pain.

DDD, L4-5 and L5-S1, pain confirmed by discogram.
PT, ESI's, Facet injection and block, Acupuncture - all no help.

2-level (Prodisc-L) ADR surgery with Dr. Bertagnoli, May 26, 2009.

Currently taking Opana-ER (tapering off) and oxycodone