View Single Post
Old 12-19-2006, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim M2
Blair,

I did have facet issues prior to surgery. They were misaligned and one had a small cyst or fluid build up. Post surgery imaging shows the facets to be properly aligned and no evidence of cyst/fluid. I didn't like walking before or after surgery. When I stood or shuffled around using small steps I had the discogenic pain. When I tried to walk at a normal gait there was some other pain source that acted up. I now think the presurgery discomfort and pain that arose from walking was an indicator of worn facets.

On another forum Dan (djscal) described his pain at 1 year, and it sounded very similar to mine.

One thing is for sure, the old discogenic pain is history. I can stoop, bend and lift without discogenic-type pain. If I didn't have facet issues I'm sure I'd be pain free.

Jim
Hey Jim,

Yes, our pain is almost identical. I also have trouble with walking slowly and taking small steps and standing still. Sitting is also bad, especially if the chair is very low. My pain is also bilateral - just off to the side of the center. The discogenic pain is gone in my case as well, however my facets hurt like hell. I also have to sleep curled in a ball on my side. I had to tell my girlfriend not to take it personally.

I also had or have a cyst on my l5-s1 facet joint that was missed by my doctors. I just had a CT Scan to determine if it is still there. I believe it is because I have a bit of foot numbness which I believe is the cyst making contact with the S1 nerve root.

Did you know that you had the cyst before surgery? Did your doctor not think that to be a contraindication to ADR? Have you tried having a rhizotomy? It helped me a little bit.

Kind Regards,
Dan