View Single Post
Old 03-25-2009, 02:38 PM

Talked to Mark last night and my doctor. My doc didn't get how things could spiral so fast. Made me feel like he didn't believe me. He gave me name of a neck guy. Haven't called yet, obviously. Mark was much more comforting and understanding. Gets how things can go south fast. I found an old soft cervical collar from my MVA years ago, and put that on. Seemed to help some. I think I might have been in major spasm? A muscle relaxer helped some, as did laying on my back with my legs up on ottoman, putting my neck in neutral w/ no weight bearing on it. Really thought I was headed to ER. Thank God didn't have to. Sick of ER's. I totally agree with you Maria. I think part of (all of?) what brought this on was/is the coddling of my lower spine, which compromised my cervical posture big time. Not sure what else was going on? Didn't sleep with soft collar but put it back on this morning. Will probably call either doc's neck guy recommendation, or more likely, my current neck doc, and make appt. I'm pretty sure I had a recent MRI or Cat Scan that included my neck when I started going to Pain Management Clinic. Isn't that awful? I can't remember. Not sure what this soft collar is actually doing, but it seems to help, whatever it's purpose is. Ok, thanks everyone. Will keep you posted. My SI joint recovery is just going awesome. Unbelievably great. My cup is more than half full in that regard. Now just gotta get these demons at bay on #!*@ ing neck issues!! Will keep you abreast on this. Thanks a ton everyone. BTW, Maria, I hope you also get resolution to your similar sounding cervical issues.

Cindylou
bicycle accident 6/01: 2 compression fractures @ T12-L1; vertibroplasty; 4/06: right hip labral tear & arthroscopic repair; 4/07: lumbar prodiscs @ 3 levels, L3-6 by Dr. Bertagnoli; 7/02/08: ALIF L6-S1; 7/30/08: reopened to remove bone cement, leaked onto S1 nerve root; 8/08: pulmonary embolism, double pneumonia, collapsed left lung, pleurisy, pleural effusion; ALIF fusion complete; 3/10/09: SI Joint Fusion by Dr. Stark; Jury still out.

Last edited by Cindylou; 03-25-2009 at 03:44 PM. Reason: typo