View Single Post
Old 03-25-2009, 05:51 PM

Default your neck

CindyLou,
I wonder if an IM shot of Toradol 60mg would have released spasming right away for you. It works for me, cervical or lumbar.. good stuff I find. Trying to just use the oral Skelaxin tho and it works too but then I find myself typing away here in a slumping position or jutting my neck out and creating pain for myself.. worse thing is talking on the land line and holding the phone between my shoulder and chin while washing dishes or doing whatever multi-task idiot thing I'm trying to do.. Worse yet is with teenytiny flat cell phone (same positioning) and walking dog!

Oh well, I've been deemed *non surgical* by a fast talking fast moving young spine surgeon over at Long Beach Memorial. He pretty much brushed me off as *go to PT and it will resolve*... been there, done that .. didn't happen.

Ok tho back to you~ get a consult and meanwhile keep your neck in neutral position or a good position and if that means wearing a collar or using a cervical roll/pillow then do that for relief even while sitting and watching TV.

So glad to hear your SI joint surgery is coming along so well! Could be that once you're back to pretty normal functioning your neck stuff will be cleared as well as long as there are no real structural probs~ hope that's the case tho getting it checked out seems like a wise thing to do as well.