View Single Post
Old 03-25-2009, 07:04 PM
Administrator

Just keeping everyone up to date. Apparently, mine is going to be an unusual case. Hopefully someone can benefit from reading my story.

Radiologist report for thoracic MRI is in:

T1-T2: focal L paracentral disc protrusion extending to the L neuroforamen measuring 8mm in craniocaudal dimension x 4mm in anteroposterior dimension x 8mm in transverse dimension. This is causing moderate to severe L foraminal stenosis and slightly indenting the anterolateral thecal sac and thoracic cord.

T7-T8: 2mm focal central disc protrusion slightly indenting the anterior thecal sac and thoracic cord.

T10-T11: Disc desiccation and approx 25% disc space narrowing. Disc bulge measuring < 2mm. No stenosis.

While they did several axial slices at T1-2, the other levels only had 1 axial slice. I see many issues that are only visible on one slice… kind of makes you wonder why they are saving slices here? I don’t think this is an issue, but it would be nicer to get a more complete view as a matter of course.

These findings don’t change my decision making process at all. In the last year, the symptoms have risen to the level of requiring surgery. I hope I have not waited too long as I’ve watched borderline “mild to moderate’s” progress to “moderate to severe’s”. The prospect of as surgery that spans 6 levels is NOT attractive.

I’ll be trying to book within the next few months. I’ll most likely do a trip with clients for their surgeries and follow with my surgery a week later. Let me know if you want to come along.

Mark
2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org