Thread: DIAM vs ADR
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2009, 01:05 AM

I don't think they (DIAM spacers) are approved in the US, but are in Canada, at least for trials, so I don't know if Mark knows much about them (but I'd love to learn more if I'm wrong!). The manufacturer said they were being used here, but I didn't ask specific enough questions.

The spacers are not as invasive. They are less expensive. They are easy to take out if necessary (but I don't know what they would use as a replacement).

The pro DIAM doctor said the ADs would cause more pain if we used them because of the arthritis. The other doc said that the arthritis was not bad at all, not a problem for the artificial discs.

I don't know who to believe. I'm ready to book a trip, as I think I have sorted out the financing. HELP!
All conventional therapy exhausted, including spinal injections, PT, massage, etc.
In appeal with Gov't Insurance for Out-of-country coverage for ADR hybrid surgery of above discs.
Recently discovered that I am severely allergic to all common metals used in surgical hardware except for Titanium.

Last edited by Katie; 03-26-2009 at 01:10 AM.