Thread: DIAM vs ADR
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2009, 03:05 PM

Mark, thank you very much for your input. I asked why the opposite edge of the disc didn't get 'squished' when the back part was lifted, and didn't get a good answer, just was told that the disc itself maintained the space.

They do remove the herniated part of the discs, where they are pushing on the ligamentum flavum. They did say that because it is made of soft silicone, that it offers more range of motion than the other brands. It looked pretty simple and effective to me too, but I haven't heard enough about them to form an educated opinion. I really need help.

Most people who have had ADR have some arthritis, correct? Even when it isn't indicated for surgery by the manufacturer, they have been mostly successful, from patients I have talked to.

They want to put the DIAM spacers in L3-L5/S1, but will put an artificial disc in the C5/6 level. They claim a 97% success rate.
All conventional therapy exhausted, including spinal injections, PT, massage, etc.
In appeal with Gov't Insurance for Out-of-country coverage for ADR hybrid surgery of above discs.
Recently discovered that I am severely allergic to all common metals used in surgical hardware except for Titanium.

Last edited by Katie; 03-26-2009 at 03:16 PM.