Thread: DIAM vs ADR
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2009, 12:49 PM

Mark, thank you for taking the time to check that for me.

You said 'most of the interspineous devices really limit motion'. Could it be that this particular one might not be as bad? This news is very disheartening for me.

A few days ago, I found out that my locked in pension funds could be released for urgent medical reasons (this is in Canada...pension funds are regulated by the Government). I thought that I could now afford to go to Germany and have the surgery I first hoped for. I would have had more than enough.

Well, after getting the information re: balance of my funds from the pension people yesterday, I found out I was a victim of the economy too...I am now over twenty thousand short of what I need for surgery there.

However, the other surgery elsewhere that involved the DIAM is still well within my means. Your information is a kick in the gut

When you asked about this, did you mention that most of my natural disc in each level would be left intact, that only the herniated portion at the back would be removed? The surgeon said that this would prevent the tilting forward that you described, because that's what I thought might happen as well.

If nothing else, this might help some other Canadians who now might be able to get their funds from their pension plans, when they thought they were not able to touch them. New legislation was put forth last July that allowed this loophole. My only hope is that waiting a few months may allow the funds to recover. They already have come up almost 14% in the past week....fingers crossed.

I think I'll open a new thread to let Canadians know about this new legislation. Thanks again.
All conventional therapy exhausted, including spinal injections, PT, massage, etc.
In appeal with Gov't Insurance for Out-of-country coverage for ADR hybrid surgery of above discs.
Recently discovered that I am severely allergic to all common metals used in surgical hardware except for Titanium.

Last edited by Katie; 03-28-2009 at 12:52 PM.